PowerTCP Zip Compression for ActiveX lets you add high-speed, reliable, zip/unzip functionality to your applications regardless of whether you are manipulating files or memory. We've developed our own unique methods and objects that will allow you to work quickly and easily regardless of your project's complexity.
Consulting and Custom Development
For those simple jobs, the QuickZip
methods perform compression and decompression of files with only one line of code! This tool also includes a unique FileStore
object, which gives you fine-tuned memory/file support. You will finally be able to move data from a memory buffer to a compressed file or vice-versa and easily extract a single file from a compressed file, display information about an individual file within a compressed file and search inside a compressed file. Now PowerTCP Zip Compression for ActiveX also contains self-extraction
Don't sacrifice speed for performance when you can get them both in the new PowerTCP Zip Compression for ActiveX.
- Zip ActiveX control adds high-speed, reliable zip and unzip capabilities to any application.
- AES encryption/decryption provides 256-bit military-grade data security.
- WinZip, PKZIP, and UNIX gzip compatible.
- Zip64 archive support for managing files and archives larger than 4GB.
- An optimized algorithm improves compression speeds by up to 250% over the competition.
- A stream interface is provided for adding/extracting files, permitting zipping/unzipping of data in files OR memory.
- QuickZip and QuickUnzip short-cut methods provide a high-level interface, while the FileStore object exposes the details of the files you are operating on, providing you with complete control.
- Create self-extracting zip files with one method call, making distribution of compressed files easier than ever.
- Long filename support.
- Supports spanning to multiple disks.
- Contains a Progress event for monitoring lengthy operations.
- Asynchronous(multi-threaded) and synchronous operation are both fully supported.
- Supports COM+ Component Services.
- Can be used in a multi-threaded environment.
- Light-weight ATL control improves performance over older OCX technology.
- Includes a royalty-free license.
- Wrapper classes included for convenient integration into Visual C++.
- Sample projects written in Visual Basic, C++, Delphi, PowerBuilder and .NET are included.